Welcome to Therapy Works Counselling – your Accredited Mental Health specialist in Antrim
Welcome toTherapy Works Counselling. My name is Brian Rock I am a full time qualified professional Counsellor / Psychotherapist working in the Antrim area of Northern Ireland. I am accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy BACP (Accred) www.bacp.co.uk. I am also a member of the BACP Register www.bacpregister.org.uk. I am insured to practice as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist by Howden Professional Insurers. I provided a sucessful counselling service in a regional Health Centre prior to setting up my own private practice. I have qualified with the University of Ulster HE Diploma in Counselling, along with a Certificate in Counselling Skills. I also hold the BACP Certificate of Proficiency in counselling. I have undertaken additional ongoing personal development training and qualifications in:
- Trauma and the Body. Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors. PODS
- Mindfulness in the Theraputic Setting.
- Practical ways to work with Dreams
- The Enneagram. Personality Types.
- Working with Self harm & Alcohol Related Clients.
- Recognising, Understanding and Assessing Sex Adiction
- TA101 Transactional Analysis trainning
- Understanding the law, inside and outside the counselling room
- Overview of Mental Health Disorders
- Child Protection
- Anger Therapy; Hatred, Hostility and Bitterness
- Exploring Relational Depth
- Effective Strategies for Working with Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- Working with Domestic Violence
- Working with Sexual Abuse
- Bereavement Counselling Training
- ASIST- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Psychosexual Health Awareness
- Mental Health Awareness Training
- An Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Personal Development for Counsellors
- Working with Difference
I actively encourage feedback from clients, and learn most of all from clients. I believe this has furnished me with the flexibility and variety of life experience needed to accommodate and work creatively and effectively with a wide range of clients issues.