Welcome to Therapy Works Counselling – your Accredited Mental Health specialist in Antrim
Welcome toTherapy Works Counselling. My name is Brian Rock I am a full time, qualified professional Counsellor / Psychotherapist working in the Antrim area of Northern Ireland. I am accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy BACP (Accred) www.bacp.co.uk. I am also a member of the BACP Register www.bacpregister.org.uk. I am insured to practice as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist by Howden Professional Insurers. I provided a sucessful counselling service in a regional Health Centre prior to setting up my own private practice 10 years ago. I have qualified with the University of Ulster HE Diploma in Counselling, along with a Certificate in Counselling Skills. I also hold the BACP Certificate of Proficiency in counselling. I have undertaken additional ongoing personal development training and qualifications in:
Since COVID19 I have restructured my practice to alow me to continue to practice Face to Face counselling to my clients. My Theraputic Space has been reconfigured to provide at least 2m between myself and the client with a glass partition adding greater safety. Please view The Setting page!
- Psychotherapy and the Natural World
- Trauma Psychotherapy and the Natural Enviromentand the Body. Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors. PODS
- Mindfulness in the Theraputic Setting.
- Practical ways to work with Dreams
- The Enneagram. Personality Types.
- Working with Self harm & Alcohol Related Clients.
- Recognising, Understanding and Assessing Sex Adiction
- TA101 Transactional Analysis trainning
- Understanding the law, inside and outside the counselling room
- Overview of Mental Health Disorders
- Child Protection
- Anger Therapy; Hatred, Hostility and Bitterness
- Exploring Relational Depth
- Effective Strategies for Working with Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- Working with Domestic Violence
- Working with Sexual Abuse
- Bereavement Counselling Training
- ASIST- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Psychosexual Health Awareness
- Mental Health Awareness Training
- An Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Personal Development for Counsellors
- Working with Difference
I now offer ; Walk & Talk sessions outdoors. Please feel free to enquire or look at my Walk and Talk page.
I actively encourage feedback from clients, and learn most of all from clients. I believe this has furnished me with the flexibility and variety of life experience needed to accommodate and work creatively and effectively with a wide range of clients issues.